Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bits and Scraps

Yesterday I finished up some postcards for an A2M swap. I really enjoyed making these cards. I took a large piece of ultra stiff stabilizer and used all the left over bits and pieces from other projects and wonder undered them to the stabilizer in a Mosaic form. It took me all afternoon, and a little time after dinner to completely cover all the white stabilizer. At one point, I even had the help of my kids. They too enjoyed cutting the tiny pieces of fabrics and looking for holes to fill.

Once the entire piece was covered, I sliced it up in to 20 different postcards. Since some of the fabric pieces on the cards were so small, I didn't want to worry about them falling off in the post, so I covered each one with some white tulle and then did some freehand stitching over the top with gold thread. I really love the look of these cards, especially when they are all sitting next to each other. After staring at them for a while, I addressed 19 and put the last one in a box for me to keep. I hope the ladies who receive these like them as much as I do.



All 20 Postcards

Close up of one postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment