Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year's Resolutions???

Well here it is, the 12th of January and I haven't started my New Year's Resolutions. I did make them. I even put them in a spreadsheet and listed ways to accomplish them, but for some reason I have just been sitting on my butt for the first 12 days of the year. I can still start now though right?? One of my friends made a comment that he didn't like New Year's Resolutions because they only last for a couple months and then people give up on them. But I say, why not become a better person for two or three months? Who knows, if you keep at it every year one resolution might actually stick. I myself made 8 Resolutions for this year - Hopefully one of them will actually last more than two months, but if not, then I will have had two to three months of progress which is better than nothing. :)

One of my resolutions this year is to finish the UFOs on my UFO Tracking list. Right now I only have 10 on the list and they are all quilt related items. I know I have other UFOs that are not quilt related but I'm not sure how many. I won't know that till I clean out my closet. That's a different New Year's Resolution - Become More Organized. But for this resolution, I am only going to concentrate on the 10 quilts on the list that need finishing. The first one I am going to finish is this pinwheel quilt. This is what it looks like now, a partial top and some blocks. I started it in 2006 so it isn't that old. But it is bright and pretty and I want it to be done.








Right now it is pretty small, but I don't have enough of the other blocks to go around the whole quilt as a border. And I can't just add them on and make another row because the center pinwheels are smaller than the others. I think this is the reason this project got put away in a bin to begin with and why it has been sitting for two years. I just didn't know how to make it work. I will have to play around and come up with a good idea to get the top part and the other blocks to play well together.


1 comment:

  1. Oh I like your pinwheel quilt the bright colors are pretty.

    ReplyDelete