Monday, April 11, 2011

Spending Quality Time with My Rotary Cutter


I have a baby shower coming up soon and I wanted to make a little quilt to bring as my gift.  So last night I took a break from quilting and cut out the pieces for the Pinwheel Baby Quilt featured at Moda Bake Shop.  I also did a little sewing in the wee hours of the night and sewed all the HST together.




While I was at it I decided to cut out another quilt that I have been longing to make.  I don't really know the name of this quilt, but it uses 54-40 or Fight block alternated with a variation of the Cups and Saucers block.  This one definitely has more pieces than the top one.  It is going to fit on top of a twin size bed when it is finished.

Hopefully I will have time this weekend to get this second top together. It all depends on how long it takes me to finish quilting my last two basted quilts and the baby quilt for the baby shower.  Oh, and I should probably throw in some house work this week. My kids keep telling me they don't like sorting through the laundry basket for their clean socks...  ;)



3 comments:

  1. Now that is what I need to do, Leah! Just retreated from my workroom cuz my bobbin winder will not work...grr...no applique for me today! As soon as I saw your pictures of cut out fabrics in neat piles, I found my plan for the day. Inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That was a lot of cutting and a lot of triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo... Can't wait to see how these turn out.
    You've inspired me to try a postcard. Come see: sewandsoon.blogspot.com
    Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete