Monday, August 1, 2011

Le Petite for July - George

Top Finished, Quilted, and Bound this time around.  Yay!  I love it when I have time to do the Le Petite project for the month from start to finish.  Usually I only have time to make the top.

I used two "Canning Day" Charm packs from Connecting Threads for this cutie and then some yardage from my stash for the sashing and yellow border.
I really enjoy quilting feathers.  They are all freehand since I really don't enjoy marking them.  

For each individual center block I used a pre-printed design on tear away paper.  I got the papers years ago off eBay for a great deal, but never ended up having a quilt with blocks small enough to use them till now.  They are wonderful.  I think I will plan more quilts with these size blocks so I can use up the rest of the papers.

I see a lot of quilts rolled up like this on other blogs and I like the look of them, so here is my version.  :)


Can you have too many pictures of the same quilt???




=^..^=

3 comments:

  1. No, you can't have too many pictures of the same quilt, at least not when it's as nice as yours :-) I love it......all quilted too! Very impressive. I like the rolled up quilt picture :-) A fun way to see a quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never! the more the better. Beautiful quilt love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt ia so nice. Love the fabric. I have used the printed quilting paper before. I had really good luck. Only draw back is pulling off the paper.

    ReplyDelete