Monday, January 16, 2012

FQSQA #7 & #8

These are the latest two blocks for the Fat Quarter Star Quilt Along.  I really like this first one,

#7

#8
This second one I am not liking so much.   To me it just look like a messy arrangement of colors.  It is hard for my eye to focus on the star.   The block was suppose to have dark fabric squares in the corners but I omitted them hoping to tone down the craziness of the block. Perhaps I didn't pick the right colors for this pattern.  I am thinking if I would have stuck with two color families (with a light and dark from each) I would like the block better.  I saw one on the flikr group done in shades of black and gray and it looked pretty good.  We shall see how it looks combined with all the others at the end.  If I am still not happy with it, I may just make a new one in shades of blue and green.




=^..^=

3 comments:

  1. I don't like the layout of the 2nd block,, the first one is lovely though. I like star blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking blocks. Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete