Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Red String Runner

I found the tutorial for Red String Runner at Quilting by The River. I was drawn to it right away.  Perhaps because she made it in my favorite color.  Then when my Mom asked me to make something for her I decided to give this runner a try.
Look at that corner!  Could it get any perfect.  Just looking at it makes me smile.
I did have to get a refresher on how to bind the other odd angles and I found a good video for that here.

It is raining today, but I went on the porch and took pictures anyway.  It gave me a chance to fiddle around with the manual settings on my camera so I could capture the colors I wanted.





I really like this quilted runner.  When I showed it to my husband though he said it was too small and wanted to know why it wasn't big enough to lay under.   Then he proceeded to tell me how to make it better - Make it bigger, add more bright colors etc.  As if he quilts... 


=^..^=


9 comments:

  1. Your quilting is beautiful!!! I love red and I love this table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow and double Wow!!! Oh Leah this is so beautiful! I really love the quilting on it and had to laugh at your husband. Perfect corners too! I'm so glad you liked my tutorial!
    Quilting by the River

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Red is my favorite color too. Your quilting really brings it to life! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Love the quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you made a gorgeous table runner. Your quilting is superb. Thank you for sharing, and please listen to the quilters in blog land...it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors and quilting to-die-for...what a runner! Don't listen to hubby; listen to us! It's beautiful! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilting. you do stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilting is AMAZING! I wish I had a tenth of your mad skills! Thank you so much for linking up to the Valentine's Day After Party - Good luck!

    ReplyDelete