Friday, March 30, 2012

Quilting Done for Sara


This was the first quilt I basted last night before Sheen decided to play around on my other quilt.
The top was made by a guild mate of mine named Sara.  


I used a variegated pastel thread from YLI.  It looks great on every fabric in the quilt.


I started out with some in the ditch quilting to separate the diagonal rows.  Then did some open feathers in the triangle rows and some echoing loops in the 2 inch squares.



The borders got some swirls and wiggly lines.



Sarah picked a lovely blue for the back.  

I used a matching thread so it is hard to see the quilting on the back.
 


I enjoyed working on this little quilt.  I will give it to Sara next Thursday during guild meeting.


=^..^=


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and lovely quilting stitches. Love the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely quilt,, very similar looking to one I made a while back!

    ReplyDelete