Monday, April 30, 2012

Summer Day Top Done

I finished the top for my April Schnibble last night.  Thanks to the inspiration from Vroomans Quilts, I even added a scrappy border.  

Since this quilt is going to a sweet baby girl, I embroidered her name on the bottom right corner.  I already have it basted and have started with the quilting!  I will show it all finished when I get done with the binding.  I want to do a hand stitched binding so it may be a day or two for the finishing photo.

Can't wait for the Schnibble parade tomorrow!


=^..^=

8 comments:

  1. I like the extra pieced border, adds a very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is just beautiful! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love it, the colors are delicious! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I struggled to get a 6" block done and you make a quilt for April. I need to rearrange my life! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very sweet version of the Summer day pattern..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am slow at getting around to SD quilts... I love your quilt and the border adds a great finish to the quilt too!

    ReplyDelete