Friday, August 1, 2014

FQSQA Finished!

Last night I put the last stitches in my Fat Quarter Stars Quilt Along Quilt.
This quilt was my July goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.

I started this quilt in September of 2011 when I joined Moose on The Porch Quilts' quilt along.


Every couple weeks a new star pattern was released.
I got all my stars done each week and even got my top done on time.
But then it sat in the quilting pile until now.


I used an orange fabric for the background.  I bought a fat quarter of it for the blocks and when the bolt went on sale, I bought more for the backing and the binding.


I had to have some pictures ready to post on the link party before it closed last night, so I took it out on the porch in the dark last night hoping to get a good photo. The porch light gave it an interesting look.

Then I got the idea to turn the quilt hoping more light would shine on it, but It didn't work out like I thought.
I got a good shadow of my quilt holder though. 
This is also a finish I can knock off my third quarter list for the 2014 Finish A-long.
Yay! This is my third finish for this quarter.

=^..^=




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful and beautiful finish. The quilting is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt,,, love the quilt holder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice colors altogether. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete