Saturday, September 13, 2014

Purge Projects Completed - Boy Version

I am happy to show off these three little quilts.  They started out as a response to The Purge hosted by Stitched in Color.  We were suppose to pull out our unloved fabrics, plan a project with them, create it, and finish it up.  I still love all my fabrics, what's not to love, but I do notice that I don't sew as much with novelty prints anymore.  So these prints have been sitting for quite some time unused and feeling unwanted.  So I decided to show them some love.



I decided to make three little boy charity quilts which have been given the stamp of approval from the 3 year old I watch in the daytime.  He had a good time looking at all the different prints and spent a few minutes commenting on each one.  I may have to make him one of his very own to take home with him.


These two went together pretty fast.
They measure 35 in x 42 inches.
The meandering quilting only took 30 min.
(28 to be exact, I timed it.)
This quilt is a little longer, but not as wide.
The quilting took a little longer because I stitched in the ditch and added some straight lines in the sashing.  Straight line sewing is slower then all over meandering, but it looks good too.

Can't wait to turn these over to a little one who can enjoy them.

Next I will be finishing up three more pink brick quilts.
Hopefully in time to add them to the final Purge link party.
Go check it out to see what everyone completed with their unloved fabrics.


=^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment