Friday, January 20, 2017

Winter Mini Quilt

This next swap was mailed out in November last year in plenty of time for winter.  My partner had several snowflakes in her mosaic so I broke out the snowflake pattern I used at the beginning of the year during project quilting.
This time though I opted for one snowflake.



I got real good at chain paper piecing last January so this top went together in no time. 


The fun part was deciding on the layout.  Even though it is suppose to be scrappy, I don't like to have too many of the same fabrics touching. 


For the quilting, I stitched in the ditch around the snowflake and meandered the rest.
Since I liked the look of the hexagon, I decided to omit the final triangles in the corner.  This is the perfect size for a table topper for my circle end table. I will have to make another one for myself.  As for this one, it is now living in Australia.



The mini I received is wintry and Christmasy.
And has my favorite touch of red!

=^..^=


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on that star--
    I don't think that I could of done one--
    and not went crazy that is!!!
    enjoy the moments-di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this snowflake table topper! Where did you get the pattern?
    It's absolutely beautiful as is your quilt. STUNNING!��

    ReplyDelete